Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sneak Peekers

You know how you make something that's just so darn cute, you don't know what to do? 
Well, I did that today, but the pictures, well...they're kinda 'eh' looking.  I wish I could show you just how cute this is.


I used some of the upcoming items from the Holiday catalogue coming out soon...Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (126906), Toxic Treats stamp set (127901), and pretty pretty gray and black Stripped Satin Ribbon, 1/2" (127837).  I have to say, from everything coming out, I LOVE the Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP - this is perfect for all fall, not just Halloween...this could make some real cute Thanksgiving name cards, favors, etc.  And if you don't celebrate Halloween, how cute would this be for a Harvest Festival...a few dried leaves, some little fake apples, so cute and the perfect colors.

I used an old wooden thread spool I found at the Sacramento Antiques Faire (big ole' bag of 'em for $5), some of the fuzzy black 'scatter' they have for Halloween tablescapes (candle store), a bit of glitter I got in the dollar bin at Michael's last season, a few bits of the silver star celebration wires (dollar tree in the birthday section). 
I try to save the light cardboard type papers that come sometimes with my orders, and I punched out the two labels using both the DSP and the light cardboard, to make it a bit more stable, and glued them to each other with Stampin Up! Liquid Glass - can I just say, that stuff ROCKS!  It glues clear, doesn't make raised sections on the paper when it dries, and you can make things look glassy...so versatile.

Well...you can figure most of it out yourself.
I saw something like this in an old 'Home & Heart' crafting magazine for a garden tea, was looking for some of the green moss, and I immediately thought of my new DSP and the fuzzy black moss from my Halloween candlescape (yes, I said candlescape...lol). 
It's funny sometimes where your mind takes you when you're trying to create - so different from the inspiration, but you never would have thought about it without that inspiration. 

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love the mix of patterns. Polka dots are irresistible! Great job!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete