Friday, June 8, 2012

PPA136 - Color Challenge

I thought I'd use my cute new Make a Cake (126742) set from Stampin' Up! to work on this week's challenge.  It's adorable!  It's free this month when you sign up as a demonstrator - along with the pretty matching DSP.
Back to the card - the sets I used are Make a Cake (126724), One in a Million (126382), Framlits-Apothecary Accents (127003), & Textured Impressions Square Lattice (119976).

The colors were from the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge, PPA136 - Night of Navy, Real Red, & Whisper White.  Just a bit of early 4th of July inspiration, or a nod to the Queen's 60th Jubilee...take it as you like, the words can always be adjusted, but both celebrations are surely worth a cake!

The little bit on the left is from the top of the 'framlit' cut-out used on the front - I added the second half of the saying on the inside of the card, with a few small pennants and some thick double-sided tape.
I just love the extra dimension the double sided tape adds to the card.  I even cut out the cake and stuck it back with the thick tape.  The baby pennants above the cake I just used regular glue/tape to stick on.

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you used this stamp set. The banners are so cute under the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hand cut banner over the cake! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete